Who we are
Safer Highways is a trademark of Safer Infrastructure Limited.
Safer Infrastructure LTD with company number 11205008, is the data controller in respect of all the personal data collected on or in relation to this website.
Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(1) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system type and version, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths, and service usage).
(2) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
(3) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
(4) information that you send to us in order to obtain a quotation for services.
(5) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website email notifications and/or newsletter.
(6) information that you provide to us for the purpose of using our website-based and other services.
(7) any other information that you choose to send to us.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(1) administer the website.
(2) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
(3) enable your use of the services available on the website.
(4) supply you with services.
(5) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
(6) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
(7) send you email notifications which you have requested.
(8) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
(9) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
(10) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(1) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
(2) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
(3) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(4) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
We may from time to time also notify you of changes to our policy by email.
Right of Access
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Right to Rectification
Where you identify that incorrect information is held you may instruct us to amend that information.
Right to Erasure
Individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
• When the individual withdraws consent.
• When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
• The personal data was unlawfully processed (ie otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
• The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
There are specific circumstances where the company can refuse to erase personal data;
• to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
• to comply with a legal obligation or for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority;
• for public health purposes in the public interest;
• archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes; or
• the exercise or defense of legal claims.
Generally, Safer Infrastructure will not process a request to erase information where there is an ongoing legal obligation on the company to retain the information, for example for taxation and social security purposes.
Right to Data Portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
The right to data portability only applies:
• to personal data an individual has provided to a controller;
• where the processing is based on the individual’s consent or for the performance of a contract;
• when processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object
Individuals have the right to object to:
• processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
• direct marketing (including profiling);
• processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, we will provide you with continuing opportunities to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes throughout our contact with you.
Third party websites
Where the website contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those third party websites.